Author Topic: 1 in 100 jobs in Liverpool connected to the Beatles  (Read 1908 times)

Offline Myrto

• Earned Your Stripes
    • View Profile
1 in 100 jobs in Liverpool connected to the Beatles
« on: February 15, 2016, 05:33:13 AM »
http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-35541130?post_id=10154376755533332_10154548430043332#_=_
I am happy that I was one of the visitors contributing to Liverpool's economy, not once but twice (and both Beatles-related)!

Offline Kennedy James

• Earned Your Stripes
    • View Profile
Re: 1 in 100 jobs in Liverpool connected to the Beatles
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 01:12:27 AM »
Sadly, I have never been to Liverpool.  Something for the bucket list, I suspect.  Maybe I'll go on one of those all-inclusive Beatles tours.

Once there was a way ...

Offline Myrto

• Earned Your Stripes
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 09:27:29 AM »
All-inclusive Beatles tour sounds like a good idea. I don't know if they have a Beatles tour of the UK, but there is a Beatles tour in Liverpool called Magical Mystery tour (or was when I went there in 1999).

Offline brady

• Apple Scruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2016, 05:47:25 PM »
My time in Lillypool was in late April of 2001. Oddly enough when I was on Mathew Street there was some local news outlet shooting a story on is Liverpool doing enough to promote the Beatles and sites around town. I kind of hung around on purpose and they asked to interview me.
It worked out well for their story since I had an American accent and was there ONLY because of the Beatles. I remember telling them that the city could promote the Fabs even more. I also made some remark how in America we had built giant theme parks based on a mouse (Disney!) and that certainly Liverpool could do quite a lot with the Beatles.
One funny thing is that the next morning while walking through the city centre I was wearing the same jacket and one vendor in the street gave me a shout out and said he saw me on the news last night. Ha, too funny!

The Beatles will be like Shakespeare and will endure forever. They need to do more to protect that heritage.

Did the MMT from the Beatles Museum (or Story?) from the docks. In London went on 1 or 2 Beatles Walks, where you usually start at a subway station. The other one I did was the Jack the Ripper Walk, which was great!

None of us are getting any younger.......

Offline Myrto

• Earned Your Stripes
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2016, 03:01:39 AM »
Funny you should mention a theme park, I had the same idea too when I was a teenager. It occurred to me that it would be great to have a Beatles theme park. Wouldn't mind a ride on an actual Yellow Submarine!
I too think the Beatles will endure forever like Shakespeare. My old German teacher, who was a big fan, said that she believes in 200 years people will still be talking about the Beatles like they do now about Mozart and Beethoven, and I agree. The only problem is I am afraid teenagers 200 years from now will probably think the Beatles are "old school" and uncool, just because they are 200 years old, and never give them a chance and discover how cool they really were.

Offline Greg

• Silver Beetle
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2016, 10:20:36 PM »
I was there for a weekend in the Spring of '80.  Not very Beatle-Touristy then.  I dont know how much Id enjoy it if it has become a Disneyland of Beatles.  But still...its Liverpool.  I mean that will always be a magical place to me no matter what Id think.

Offline NolesM

• Silver Beetle
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2017, 06:14:12 AM »
Sadly, I have never been to Liverpool.  Something for the https://affmountain.com/my-wealthy-affiliate-review-and-results Wealthy Affiliate list, I suspect.  Maybe I'll go on one of those all-inclusive Beatles tours.

1% is quite a lot when you think about it. I guess a lot of tourists come to see the birth place of the Beatles.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 02:14:32 AM by NolesM »

Please Send E-Mail
To
   Email   

Messages From The Wall is a creation of
The Beatles On Abbey Road
The Beatles On Abbey Road
Return To Main Page

web counter