- Paul was born on June 18, 1942 in Liverpool,
- His father's name was James and his mother's
name was Mary.
- His mother was a devout Catholic, but his father
described himself as an agnostic.
- He had one younger brother, Peter Michael.
- Paul and his brother Michael were very different.
Paul was the quiet one, while Michael was more aggressive and loved to
- Paul once got 90% in high school Latin and was
an above average student.
- Paul met George Harrison on a bus to school.
- Paul has dark brown hair and brown eyes.
- Paul is about 5' 11" and weighs about 160
- Paul's favourite color is blue.
- Paul's favourite singers were Elvis and Little
- Paul once did a mean impersonation of Little
- Paul's first musical instrument was the trumpet,
given to him by an uncle.
- Paul's first guitar cost about $35, but Paul
couldn't play it. He realised that the problem was that he was left handed.
So he took it back and got it altered.
- Paul had a busy sex life, beginning at the age
- Paul was originally the lead guitar player for
The Quarrymen, and only began playing bass guitar after Stuart Sutcliffe
quit the group.
- At one point, Paul lived only about a mile away
from John's Aunt Mimi's residence.
- Paul was somewhat possessive in his relationship
with Jane Asher, a character trait that led to many arguments.
- But it was Jane Asher who introduced Paul to
culture and had him attending theatre and art exhibits.
- Paul was engaged to Jane Asher in December, 1967.
- Paul left Jane Asher for Linda Eastman in December,
- Paul married Linda Eastman in March, 1969.
- Paul and Linda have four children, one from Linda's
- Paul wrote "Hey Jude" for Julian Lennon
after John's divorce from Cynthia. The original title was "Hey Julian."
- Paul produced an album for his brother, entitled
McGear, and Michael McCartney became Mike McGear.
- Since John's death, Paul has been very cautious
about his personal safety and has round the clock security.
- During the filming of Let It Be, Paul got
into several arguments with George, leading to one instance when George
stormed out of Abbey Road studios.
- It was Paul who finalized the break up of The
Beatles, saying he was quitting the band because of "musical differences."
The Biography Series
[John] — [Paul] — [George] — [Ringo]
To The Beatles On Abbey Road]