- Richard Starkey Jr. is born in his parents' house
on July 7, 1940.
- Ringo referred to his Harry Graves, his stepfather,
as his "step ladder."
- Ringo has dark brown hair and blue eyes.
- He is 5' 8" tall and weighs about 145.
- His favourite color is red.
- He likes to read science fiction.
- Ringo has had a number of serious health problems
throughout his life, including peritonitis, pleurisy, and tonsilitis.
- Ringo first played with the group, Rory and The
- On August 18, 1962, Ringo replaced Pete Best
as the drummer for The Beatles.
- Ringo married his childhood sweetheart, Maureen
- On September 13, 1965, Ringo's first child, Zak,
- On August 19, 1967, Ringo's second child, Jason,
- On November 11, 1970, Ringo's third child, daugfhter
Lee Parkin, was born.
- It was Ringo who coined the name for the movie
A Hard Day's Night. Originally the movie was to be called Beatlemania.
The expression came one evening after a long and particularly arduous recording
- In July, 1975, Ringo and Maureen were divorced.
- In April, 1981, Ringo and Barabra Bach were married in London.
- Ringo once had a severe problem with alcoholism, and entered an Arizona
clinic to finally beome sober for life.
- Ringo remained friendly with all the other members of The Beatles throughout
the years, and he has worked on a number of projects with each of them.
- When John was shot in 1980, Ringo was the first to come to comfort
- Today Ringo and Barbara live in Monte Carlo, but also maintain houses
in Los Angeles and Colorado.
The Biography Series
[John] — [Paul] — [George] — [Ringo]
To The Beatles On Abbey Road]